Deborah J. Beaverson, Attorney
After taking years to studiously analyze Internal Revenue Service memoranda, private letter rulings, estate and trust case law, and taking (and passing!) three bar examinations, I learned that all work and no play does indeed make me a dull girl. I love doing all things boring (to many people) by nit-picking through legal documents, condensing complicated legal concepts into easy-to-understand sound bites, and tending to all the tiny details. Yes, I do sweat the small stuff. You want the estate planning attorney who serves your family to sweat the small stuff! Serving families by helping them prepare for the unexpected, or even expected, provides me with great satisfaction, and dare I say, “joy.”
Now that I understand working all the time dulls both my senses and personality, I take time out of every day for some honest to goodness self-care. You will often find me and my beloved husband (my best friend) riding our road bikes up and over Michigan’s rolling hills, hosting family and friends at a beverage party in our backyard, or traveling to Arizona to spoil our daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters.
I am delighted to serve as a Trustee for the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, Inc., serve the Elkhart County Estate Planning Council and am a member of The Elkhart Rotary Club – morning division. I delight in my roles as wife, mother, counselor, volunteer and community advocate.
If you would like to know a bit about my professional acumen, I have some splendid accomplishments.
- I graduated with highest distinction from Indiana University with a baccalaureate in Business, majoring in Finance and Management & Administration, and earned my Juris Doctorate, manga cum laude, from the Valparaiso University School of Law.
- During law school, I externed for the Hon. Kenneth F. Ripple, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- I have nearly a decade of experience in the banking industry.
- I am licensed to practice law in Indiana, Michigan and Florida.
- I am admitted to practice before the Courts of the States of Indiana, Michigan, Florida, and United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
My husband, Dave, and I reside in Elkhart, Indiana.