Elder law involves planning for aging, illness and incapacity. Elder Law attorneys offer guidance and alternative solutions to individuals and families facing long-term care needs and concerns.
Clients who use our services often seek guidance on how to:
• select and pay for long-term care;
• create or update an existing estate plan;
• navigate the Social Security system;
• understand their rights under benefit programs, including, Medicare or Medicaid;
• navigate the Veterans benefits alternatives;
• avoid or obtain assistance with guardianships;
• select alternatives for medical decision-making and end of life considerations.
Elder Law discussions typically raise questions in the following companion areas:
• Estate Planning
• Estate Administration / Trust Administration
• Asset Preservation (Medicaid planning)
• Veteran’s Benefits
We offer counseling, guidance and assist families in learning how to preserve their assets with both pre-planning and crisis guidance. We navigate families through the processes and procedures to qualify for benefit programs, including Medicare enrollment, Medicaid qualification, Waiver Service eligibility and Veterans benefit pensions.
Our firm has the experience and expertise to assist your family with its unique needs and to offer a customized planning process to meet a client’s specific circumstances and goals. Each state has different laws governing the myriad of issues that Elder Law encompasses. We currently assist clients in Indiana with this developing area of the law.